This weekend in Gulf and Franklin Counties
Looking to get out of the house this weekend? Here’s what’s going on in Gulf and Franklin Counties.
Don’t see your event listed? Have an event you want included in an upcoming round-up? Email details to [email protected].
WindMark Beach Movie Night
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel (voice of Stephanie Beatriz). But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope.
The movie will be shown at the WindMark Beach Village Center, 101 Good Morning Street in Port St Joe, on Saturday, July 23, starting at 9 p.m. EDT.
Attendees are invited to bring low back chairs or blankets for a movie night under the stars.
Museum showcase WWII’s Operation Torch
Camp Gordon Johnston World War II Museum in Carrabelle offers a special exhibit on the campaign in North Africa called Operation Torch, through Saturday, August 13.
The Nov. 8, 1942 operation was the first of several campaigns by the Allies in North Africa – the first large Allied invasion in which the American military participated, as well as the first American airborne operation.
The museum, at 1873 Hwy 98 West just west of Carrabelle, is open every Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is no charge for admission, but donations are gladly accepted. For more information, contact the museum at (850) 697-8575 or [email protected].
Farmers Market Saturday In Apalachicola
The Farmers Market in Apalachicola will be this Saturday, July 23, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Mill Pond Pavilion at the end of Market Street. The market offers local seafood, produce, honey, homemade breads, pies, and other regional specialties every second and fourth Saturday.
Salt Air Farmers Market
Shop local farmers and artisans. Let your family enjoy art pieces and the amazing flavors of fresh veggies, sweet Tupelo Honey and vine-ripened fruit. The market is open the first and third Saturdays of the month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT in downtown Port St. Joe.
Fish Fry for Dixie Youth World Series
The Wewahitchka Dixie Youth Ponytails softball team will be hosting a fish fry on Friday, July 22, to raise money for their upcoming trip to the Dixie Youth World Series in Louisiana.
It will be $10 per plate, and food will be available at Lake Alice Park from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. CDT.
FSU Marine Lab hosts summer events
Looking for summer fun for the whole family? Check out the Evening at the Edge of the Sea workshops at the FSU Marine Lab east of Carrabelle, at 3618 US-98 in St. Teresa. The workshop, which has a fee of $15, includes a walk along the tidal flats with marine lab staff to learn about the fascinating marine creatures. The lab also hosts free public tours each Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., to learn about current research initiatives, meet the lab staff and more.
Live music in Gulf County
- Brady Hughes will be playing at the Haughty Heron on Friday starting at 8 p.m. EDT.
- Melissa Bowman will be playing at the Lookout Lounge on Friday starting at 6 p.m. EDT.
- Bad decisions will be playing at the Mill Merchantile and Social on friday starting at 7 p.m. EDT.
- Alan Rhody will be playing at the Tap Root on Friday starting at 7 p.m. EDT.
- The Hunter Wall Band will be playing at St. Joe Bar and Package on Friday.
- Scratch 2020 will be playing at the Haughty Heron on Saturday starting at 8 p.m. EDT.
- Smolderin’ Embers will be playing at Scallop RePUBlic on Saturday starting at 7 p.m. EDT.
- Otha Allen Jr. will be playing at the Mill Merchantile and Social on Saturday starting at 7 p.m. EDT.
- Bad Decisions will be playing at the Tap Root on Saturday starting at 7 p.m. EDT.
- Love Truck will be playing at the Lookout Lounge on Sunday starting at 5 p.m. EDT.
Live Music in Franklin County
- Luke Martin Band will be playing at Half Shell Dockside at Scipio Creek Marina, 301 Market St, Apalachicola on Friday starting at 8 pm.
- Clayton Mathis will be playing at High Five Dive Bar, 131 Commerce St, Apalachicola on Friday from 3 to 6 pm., followed by Salt Rock Band at 7 pm.
- Adam and the Testifiers will be playing Friday from 7:30 to 11 p.m at Fathom’s Steam Room and Raw Bar, 201 St James Ave, in Carrabelle
- Your Captain’s Speaking, will be playing Saturday starting at 7:30 p.m. at Fathom’s Steam Room and Raw Bar.
- Wicked Smooth will be playing at Half Shell Dockside at Scipio Creek Marina on Saturday, starting at 8 pm.
- Brady Hughes will be playing at High Five Dive Bar on Saturday from 3 to 6 pm.followed by Luke Martin Band at 7 pm.
- Ronnie Randolph Acoustic Entertainment will be playing at the Blue Parrot Ocean Front Cafe on Sunday starting at 1 p.m. EDT.
- Branton Spivey will be playing at Half Shell Dockside at Scipio Creek Marina on
Sunday from 2 to 6 pm
- Brady Hughes will be playing at High Five Dive Bar on Sunday from 3 to 6 pm.