Shackleford, Oliver top shot putters at Marlin Invite
Port St. Joe competed against 16 other high school track teams last Saturday, April 2, at the Marlin Invite at Arnold High School in Panama City.
Top Shark finishers, sixth place or better, in girls action included the following:
- Senior Madelyn Gortemoller, third in the 800-meter run, with a time of 2:26[ and sixth in the 1600-meter run with a 5:44 time.
- Junior Damari Johnson, first in triple jump, with a 10.5-meters leap; fourth in the long jump, with a 4.77-meter effort; and fourth in the 100-meter hurdles, with a time of 17.41.
- Sophomore Ty’Shawn Shackleford, first in shot put, with a throw of 9.51 meters; fourth in the long jump with a leap of 4.74 meters; and fifth in discus, with a throw of 26.97 meters.
- Sophomore Alexis Price, was sixth in discus, with a toss of 26.24 meters.
In boys events
- Senior Parker Hicks, sixth in the 800-meter run, with a 2:09 time.
- Sophomore Daniel Nguyen, third in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 18.57.
- Junior D.J. Oliver, first in shot put, with a throw of 13.88 meters.
Defending 1A state champion in the 110-meter hurdles Darian Mills missed the event due to his taking the ACT, but will rejoin the team this Thursday when Wewa hosts a meet.
The district track meet is scheduled for Tuesday, April 26.