The Joe Center for the Arts is beginning its fifth year by offering a series of workshops and demonstrations in a variety of art mediums during its Step Into My Studio exhibit that runs through Feb. 18.
These workshops and classes are conducted by local, regional, and nationally recognized artists. “We invite you to explore a new art form, develop a new skill, or just have fun dabbling in something you’ve never done before,” said Marcy Trahan, chairwoman of The Joe’s board. “We invite everyone to come and see what our local community art center has to offer. “
Everything from oil and acrylic painting, photography walks and tie dyeing to fish printing is being offered. All events are at The Joe Center for the Arts, 201 Reid Avenue, Port St. Joe.
Trahan said an enthusiastic crowd attended the opening reception on Jan. 14 to see the works of these artist/instructors on display. Many of their works are available for purchase.
“There are still opportunities to sign up for many of the classes. There are class size limits and classes are filling fast,” she said.
For more information regarding class description, fees and times, please check the website www.thejoecenter.org where registration can be done.
The following sessions are available at The Joe:
- Yoga with Tammy McGee, Wednesdays 6 to 7 p.m. from Jan. 22 to Feb. 26. $10 per session
- The World of Print Making with Mel Elum, Monday, Jan. 17, 24 and 31, $95
- Paint and Sip with Melina Elum, Friday, Jan. 21 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. $35 for member, $40 non-members
- Photo Walk & Image Review: The Colors of Apalachicola with Dragonfly Photography, Friday, Jan. 21 and 28, $120
- Beachcombing Photo Walk at Port St. Joe Jan. 19, and Mexico Beach, Jan. 27, with Dragonfly Photography, $65 each
- Two-Day Oil Painting Workshop with Cyndi Thau, Friday and Saturday, Jan. 21 and 22, $250
- Botanical Prints with Cyndi Lanier, Sunday, Jan. 23, $95, and $65 materials fee
- Wavy American Flag Bracelet: Introduction to Peyote Stitch with Mary Baird, Wednesday, Jan. 19 and 26 (Two three-hour classes), $40, and $20 materials fee
- Basic Wire Wrap Technique with Mary Baird, Thursday. Jan. 20 and 27, and Feb. 3 and 10 (Four two-hour classes), $40, and $30 materials fee
- Acrylic Painting with David Hansel, Wednesday, Feb. 2, $55
- Tie Dye Workshop with David Hansel, Wednesday, Feb. 9, $35
- Basket Weaving: Classic Tote with Sharon Hynes, Saturday, Feb. 12, $50
- One-Day Oil Painting Mini Workshop (8-inch by 8-inch) with Cyndi Thau, Wednesday, Feb. 16, $150
- Basket Weaving: Welcome Spring Basket with Sharon Hynes, Saturday, April 2, $45
The Joe Center for the Arts, a 501c3 non-profit community-based art center, has a mission to educate, exhibit, partner and inspire through the arts.